We are happy to announce a new road race with an old name to the calendar. ‘Piece of Cake Road Race’ is the first spring road race of the early season. Let’s see where you stand and make this a classic. So, tune up the race bikes and be ready for wind and fun.
The course is a relatively flat 13.3-mile loop in the farmlands of Hubbard, OR (south of Canby). There are a few easy rollers each lap with a slight incline finish. The race will be a lap-based format with different totals for each group. We will be racing clockwise.
|Start Time||Category||Laps||Distance (mi)|
|9:30 AM||Master Men 40-49 (Cat 3/4/5)||4||53|
|9:40 AM||Category 4/5 Men||4||53|
|9:50 AM||Women 4/5 & 40+ (Cat 3/4/5)*||3||40|
|1:15 PM||Master Men 50+/60+ (Cat 3/4/5)**||4||53|
|1:25 PM||Category 3 Men||4||53|
|1:35 PM||Category 1/2/3 Women***||4||53|
|1:45 PM||P/1/2, 40+, 50+ Men****||5||66|
* Masters 40+ women scored separately but prized with the Cat 4/5’s.
** Masters 60+ men scored separately but prized with the Mast Men 50+.
*** Cat 3 women scored separately but prized with the 1/2’s.
**** P/1/2 40+ and 50+Men scored separately but prized with the P/1/2 Men.
This race is part of the Willamette Valley Classics Tour. Points will be rewarded to the top 30 placings for each race according to this schedule. Riders must race in all 3 races to be considered for the overall series. Series prizes will be awarded at the final race in the series. There will be no BAR points for the series, only the individual races. Point totals and point standings will be handled by OBRA and we’ll link to them each week in the updates.
Podiums & Leaders Jersey
A WVCT series leaders jersey provided by Cuore will be awarded to the leader of each category during a short podium ceremony after each race. The points leader of each category is required to wear their leader’s jersey while they maintain their lead.
Points for the series will be tracked by OBRA on the results page. They will continue to be updated after each race. Accumulated points will not transfer if upgraded.
There will be prizes presented each day at the individual races in the series. Prizes will be 3 Deep/Race heat. There will also be a series final prize list for the series overall presented at the last race. Equal payout.
- Road race rules in effect. Standard Bicycle racing rules apply. Approved helmets required at all times (including riding to and from registration, during warm-up, cool down, in your jeans, shorts, slippers) while at the venue. Failure to comply could result in disqualification. Course is closed for warm-up until clearance has been given by the chief judge and/or race director.
- No alcohol allowed at the venue. This is Canby School District property and we do not want to lose this venue.
- Please do not park in any business parking lots, unless designated so.
- Please do not park on the course or other traffic right of ways.
- Please use the provided Port-a-Potties, not the bushes.
David Saltzberg and David Hart.
(360) 823-9778 mobile