Hello Road Racers,
We wanted to share some new information about the first events of the 2017
OBRA racing calendar.
Jack Frost TT has been cancelled because of the road length issue and
pavement width/deterioration. BBC has put on the JFTT for 30 years, and we
thank them for their efforts providing the race.
After a lengthy discussion with them and with their consent, we have decided to
fill the void by converting the first Dirty Circles race to a TT.
Here are the quick bullet points-
- The date for the Dirty Circles TT will be Sunday Feb 26th, 2017.
- The Dirty Circles TT will be a 20k Out and Back time trial. Start will be from the same general area as the road events.
- Dirty Circles TT will be part of the 3 race series. The remaining 2 races will be the same circuit road races. Points will be gained in all three races towards the series total.
- We hope to have the TT included in the TT Cup. More info coming soon.
- Series registration – Scott is currently working on a way to register for the series, yet select different categories for the TT and Road Race. More details to come.
Revised Schedule –
- Sun Feb. 26th – Dirty Circles TT
- Sun March 5th – Dirty Circles Road Race
- Sun March 12th – Dirty Circles Road Race
We will have standard TT categories for the first race so that they will
comply with the TT Cup requirements. The road race(s) will be the regular
limited road categories that we have used the last few years.
Details on the series points structure and fliers will be out as soon as we
iron out all of the small details.
Below are the two different race category lists.
*Time Trial Categories*
Category 3 Men
Category 3 Women
Category 4/5 Men
Category 4/5 Women
Eddy Senior Men
Eddy Senior Women
Junior Men 10-12
Junior Men 13-14
Junior Men 15-16
Junior Men 17-18
Junior Women 10-12
Junior Women 13-14
Junior Women 15-16
Junior Women 17-18
Masters Men 30-39
Masters Men 40-49
Masters Men 50-59
Masters Men 60-69
Masters Men 70+
Masters Women 40-49
Masters Women 50-59
Masters Women 60-69
Senior Men Pro/1/2
Senior Women 1/2
*Road Race Categories*
Masters Men 1/2/3 35+
Masters Men 3/4 35+
Masters Men 4/5 35+
Masters Men 50+
Hope to see you all in a few months!
David & David
Zone 5 Promotions